Thursday, August 04, 2011

Diabetes and me Day 365

I've just got back from the Doctors with the results of tests and the first anniversary of me finding out I was type 2 diabetic.

The results were on the concerned side of OK! My average MMO levels came in at 7.2, this better than a year ago when they were 12 so this as got to be good. Unfortunately it seems that only the medication I'm taking are keeping things at bay.

I got the expected lecture about loosing weight and trying to watch the amount and type of sugars I eat.

My cholesterol levels were ever so slightly raised, so the nurse were going to ask about putting me on Statins. She actually just phoned back and told me that my liver results were again slightly high so I've got to go for another test and a scan on my liver before they'll prescribe statins. Great!

I have been told to increase the amount of Metformin I take, I now have to take 3 x 500mg a day. I don't mind this.

I will knuckle down and try to eat better, I will watch what I eat as well. So here we go again.....

No comments: