Tuesday, July 11, 2006

World Cup Final 2006


The world cup final was too late for me too stay up and watch. My head said Italy, my heart said France. This was mainly due to it being Zidane’s last game of competitive football.

Zidane as been one of the best players I’ve ever seen, is total control and foresight during a game as always been the best.

So when I saw the report this morning, I was disappointed. The Italians had obviously phoned the Ref before the game as seems to be the norm in Italian football these days. So to win on penalties and then see Zidane had been sent off made things even worse.

I don’t know what went off to make Zidane loose control, it’s pretty obvious that something was said, and as Zidane as proved in the past, if you piss him off you’ll have to pay the consequences.

All the press this morning were going on about this ruining his career, I don’t think so. He was still one of the best players at this tournament and his contribution to football will be his legacy.

The tournament as been OK, a bit clinical. Then again it was held in Germany!

No comments: