Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cambodian Visa Run


This week I had to leave Thailand to go and renew my Visa.

I decided just to go to Cambodia for the day, if you’ve read any of my previous post’s on Cambodia, you’ll know its not one of my favourite places.



This trip didn’t really change my outlook on the place.

I caught a very nice coach near the Ekimai BTS station at 9.30am, after a few formalities like signing the Visa and handing over my £30, off we set.

We had a fried rice lunch along the way and a couple of good films to keep us interested.

As we got closer to Cambodia, the houses began to change from, concrete to wood to tin and then to straw, all the side roads were dirt and not tarmac.

At the border, we went through Thai immigration and then walked over the border, like I said, Cambodia isn’t my favourite place and the beggars were soon out in force. It might only be a few metres from Thailand, but Boy it’s poor. When you drive from France to Belgium, there is no change. Cambodia is on its own!


We were in Cambodia nine minutes which suited me, back to the Thai border to get my next 30 day visa and away we went.

The company that organised the trip was Thai Visa Run and can be found at;

http://www.thaivisarun.com/

No comments: