Saturday, February 11, 2006

Rambo IV


Another trip took me to a Cambodian Army Barracks. Obviously I was a little concerned when we entered. The thought of being kidnapped did not appeal. Plus no one I know would pay the ransom anyway!

Luckily I was here only to fire some of the hardware the army as. You are given a menu. On it is the firearms you can use and the amount the ammo will cost. I paid US$100 to fire two 25 round clips from an AK47, 20 rounds in an M-16, 20 rounds from a 9mm Handgun and fire a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG).

The AK47 was a fine assault weapon to fire. I blew one magazine off on automatic, didn’t hit a thing. The next magazine I fired single shot, you can see from the target, the first dozen shots whistled over his right shoulder. After I adjusted the sights my aim was noticeably better, getting one in the bull. Well chuffed. The 9mm Auto is easy to fire. I put 20 shots in a 250mm circle at 30M. It’s great shooting guns.

The RPG is a different set of rules. The target was a huge concrete block 100M away. My shot just skimmed the outside of the target and went in to a load of tyres. The explosion sent 4 of the tyres a good 30M in the air. You would not want to be on the receiving end of one of these kiddo’s.


I'm sure the target looks like Alan burns from Reckitts!
That was the highlight of my trip to Cambodia. Like I said, not my favourite place.

No comments: