Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bangkok Life part 20



Phil being here always brings one thing home to me. Talking to a fellow Englishman about English stuff! Things like sport, TV, products and places in the UK. No matter how good a Thai person can speak English or if you talk with an American or Aussie, there are something’s only an Englishman will understand.
Like taking the piss for instance. Half the things I say to Phil (About his sexuality) would get me pummelled by another Farang. They wouldn’t know how bad the traffic can be to Birmingham Airport or how cheap beer is at the Standing Order in Derby. This is probably the thing I miss the most about England.

Just as I begin to get home sick, Phil rubbed it in with a visit to the Robin Hood on Sukhmvit Soi 33, I had Steak Pie and mashed potato with several pints of John Smiths to wash it down. Then onto The Bulls Head, where they had Speckled Hen on tap. Great night, great Pubs.

Thailand easily gets its own back! Just a two hour drive to Pattaya, where you can sit on a tropical beach and soak up the sun. There are loads of resorts along this part of the coast, Rayong, Koh Samet and Chonburi. Anyone who is looking to buy a place in the sun as an investment. If you look in the right place, you could pick up a 1 bedroom Condo starting at £25000. Not a bad investment, when you consider that most of these places are rentable 52 weeks of the year.

On the subject of buying Condo’s, check out Phil’s new web page about his Condo

Phil’s Condo

Now its back to my eBay, I heard from the people at the job I got the other month, he as decided that he can’t afford my services, so as flicked me. I remained very calm on the phone when he told me. So remember if for what ever reason you have dealings with a Prick from a Thai Company called Future Engineering Consultants, tell them to F*** off! And remind them how they shit on me.
Oh well! Not all bad, I’m selling quite a bit of gear on EBay, so the wolves are being kept from the door.

No comments: