Monday, April 04, 2011

Disabled space (Grumpy old man part 1)

This is a very left field post, but I'm sick and tired of Disabled parking spaces!

We went to Derby Westfield shopping centre this lunchtime and the main car park level was chockabloc. All 12 of the parent and toddler spaces had long gone and we got the last avaliable space in the normal parking. This left around 50 disabled parking spaces. Of these there were only 3 being used and the rest were being marshalled by a real Jobs worth threatening people with a fine if they park in the disabled spaces.

When we arrived back from shopping an hour later the car park was still full apart from the 40 or so disabled spaces that still no one had used. Someone really needs to review the number of spaces that are allocated to disabled drivers.

The only parking spaces outside Elizabeths Nursery are disabled, I use them when I drop them off at 7.30am in the morning. I'm only in the space for a few minutes. last week when I came out of the Nursery one of the new style Hitler storm trooper traffic wardens was in the process of writing me a ticket. There were four spaces left and I'd been in the Nursery about three minutes. I told the idiot this and he said I would have to prove how long I'd been parked there. Unfortunately for him I could prove it, my Van is tracked by my employee, so all it would have taken was a quick phone to show him. Amazingly he backed down.

Also, why is it that at many car parks, disabled drivers get free parking? I'm sure they probably have more money than me, but I have to pay.

Part 1 of the moan over.

No comments: