Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mangosauce RIP


My favourite and I think the best website in Thailand as shut its doors, and it would seem for good.

Mangosauce was written by an English guy called David, his style of writing is unique and one I wish I could get something like close too. If you look back through the archives, the stories are so funny, even now! I regulary look back when I need cheering up.

Many reasons have been banded about, the toughning up of the Thai Thought Police and a well known American internet stalker who goes round having a go at blogs which he as a personal gripe against. I can't mention who it is because he'll probaly start on me next. I don't need the hassle. However the main reason for the closure is the real world catching up with David and after a spat with Google his advertising revenue dried up and he as had to find a real job.

Hopefully in the future, David as a change of mind and starts Mangosauce going again, there is definately a gap in the Ex Pat web world now in Thailand.

No comments: