Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yellow?


This year as seen loads of celebrations for the Kings 60th year on the Throne. The Thais have been throwing themselves into big time worship.

The Kings colour is yellow and almost everyone wears yellow coloured polo shirts with the Kings emblem.

There as been a big debate in the Ex Pat circle as to whether to were one or not? On one hand I fully respect the King of Thailand, but on the other he is not my King. I had been spared the problem because Nuch could not find a shirt big enough for me.

The other day we went round to her parents and her Mum had managed to find one that fit and had paid the best part of a days wage to get it, crunch time. I told Nuch about my misgivings as to wearing the shirt and she put it in a way that made me feel ok to wear it. “Don’t think of this shirt as the Kings shirt, but as a mark of respect by wearing the Kings colour” So on Fathers day I’ll be wearing the shirt.

No comments: