Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bangkok Life Jan 2006


Me at Auttaya
I’ve decided to do my regular updates every month now. I’m getting fairly busy with the house and moving, and the eBay is still keeping me busy.

I would like to say that I have had a good month, but it’s not been that great. Firstly we had some tragic news about Nuch’s nephew, Pleam. He’s only 2-1/2 years old and since birth as had a dodgy liver. The other week he went in to Hospital for a load of tests. He came own only for his parents to be told that unless he gets a transplant in a couple of months he is unlikely to see the year out. The family as taken it very badly! Even if they could afford the operation (£7500), they will also have to find a donor, which apparently such a problem, as the mortality rate is such in Thailand that there are always organs available. My heart goes out to the little fellow; he is a bundle of joy, very naughty and cheeky.

Were not moving into the house this month as expected. The house is ready, mostly furnished and electricity on tap. Unfortunately there is no water till the end of February. A real bummer. Luckily Phil as let us stay in his Condo for the month ( http://www.saranjai.blogspot.com/ ) so we wont be homeless.



The Living Room at new house
I’ve had loads of hassle from eBay this month, I sell a bike tyre made by Vittoria. Unfortunately the Aussie Distributor who shall refer to from on as “Fuck wit”. Reported me to eBay because he owns the Vittoria Trademark in Aus. Because of this he claims that I cannot sell into Australia. I’m sure that is a restrictive practise! If there is anyone out there who knows anything about the law let me know. I’ll send you the letter Fuck Wit sent to me. Obviously this hasn’t held me back, where there is a will, Chris will find a dodge.

That’s the bad news, the best thing this month as been the weather, it hasn’t rained since December 14th last year. The daily temperature is an average 34C, just like Spain in June. Every day I throw the curtains back, I know its going to be sunny.

Phil and Bucko came out during the middle of the month. It was great to see them. Bucko came out a few days after Phil, met up with us in the Hard Rock Café. Most of the night action was spent in the Robin Hood Pub! Uuuuh you cant beat John Smiths and Steak Pie. I must admit its hectic when they are here, but I miss them when there away. Roll on May.
The Chuckle Bros.

Also went to Gigi’s birthday Party. She runs a French Tea Café near The Robins Hood. The food was fantastic. French bread, Pate, Salami, Olives and Roast beef and Mustard Cobs.

Had the car again this month, its good to have the freedom, but I don’t miss being stuck in traffic!

Keep on looking at the blog; I will have little tales through out the month.

No comments: